- This event has passed.
Health & Safety Level 2 Training
April 2, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Is Your Workplace Safe?
It is an employer’s duty to protect the health, safety and welfare of their employees and other people who might be affected by their business. This includes providing sufficient information, instruction and training to employees to allow them to work in a way that does not put themselves or others at risk.
The QA Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace (RQF) is ideal for all employees, as it helps candidates develop a greater understanding of health and safety issues and the role that everyone plays in maintaining a safe working environment. What’s more, with subjects covered in just 1 day, this regulated and nationally recognised qualification is the ideal way for organisations to improve health and safety awareness, whilst minimising disruption to everyday business operations!
– Roles and responsibilities of employers and employees
– Health and safety laws, including:
• Penalties for non-compliance
• Training and competence in the workplace
• Communicating health and safety information
– Risk assessments and risk control hierarchy
– Identifying and controlling risks from common workplace hazards:
• Slips, trips and falls
• Manual handling
• Fire safety
• Working from height
• Hazardous substances
• Workplace conditions
• Noise and vibration
• Transport and vehicles
• Smoking, alcohol and drugs
– Procedures for responding to accidents and incidents
– Recording incidents, accidents and ill health