- This event has passed.
Manual Handling Training
April 23, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Why do staff need Manual Handling Training?
Over 1/3 of all work related injuries are from manual handling. Back injuries are the biggest cause of staff absence in the UK and yet most are preventable! Manual handling training is a legal requirement in any situation where your staff are required to do any lifting, lowering, pulling or pushing that carries any level risk. Most work environments employ people who incorporate the use of manual handling.
There are significant advantages to classroom training. Firstly, manual handling is a practical activity and both good and poor techniques are best demonstrated by a live practical session with delegates being involved. Delegates will get to practice with assessments and demonstrate best posture and stance as well as how to optimise their centre of gravity to best effect.
Clothing and Protective Equipment
Practical experience is carried out in a warehouse facility and therefore learners should ensure that they bring with them the following;
– Wear suitable trainers, shoes or boots to grip the forklift pedals.
– No open toe shoes/trainers.
– Bring warm clothing as training is in a warehouse and can be cold.
– NO Shorts
– First part of training is mainly theory based in classroom, then practical training.
– Candidates will be asked to carry out some multiple choice questions and a practical test.
– If you are doing a Refresher or Conversion please bring your previous licenses
– Please bring your National Insurance Number