This course will provide training in the safe storage, selection and mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable and bench mounted machines.
Please arrive at 8:15am for an 8.30am start.
– Legislation and Regulations regarding working with Abrasive wheels
– Nature of hazards and identification of causes
– Safe work
– Selection of correct machinery and personal protective equipment (PPE)
– Method of marking
– Handling and transporting
– Checking and use of discs
– Machine Checks
– Mounting and Dressing. To provide training in the safe storage, selection and mounting of abrasive wheels and discs on portable and benchmounted machines.
Who Should Attend
Designed for any person who, through their work, comes into contact with abrasive grinding or cutting wheels or requires familiarisation with the associated regulations.
Clothing and Protective Equipment
Practical experience is carried out in a warehouse facility and therefore learners should ensure that they bring with them the following;
– Wear suitable trainers, shoes or boots to grip the forklift pedals.
– No open toe shoes/trainers.
– Bring warm clothing as training is in a warehouse and can be cold.
– NO Shorts
– First part of training is mainly theory based in classroom, then practical training.
– Candidates will be asked to carry out some multiple choice questions and a practical test.
– If you are doing a Refresher or Conversion please bring your previous licenses
– Please bring your National Insurance Number