Customs Compliance – International Trade – virtual session
November 11 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Customs Compliance – International Trade
International markets offer huge opportunities for UK businesses. Finding and developing new markets for products is a hugely valuable avenue for expansion and in some sectors in particular, global demand for British brands and products makes international trade an excellent means of growth. Selling internationally is very complex but – as with most things – easy with help and appropriate training. The Customs Training course covers all the basic key areas around importing and exporting. The course will explain the requirements for documentation, plus an overview of country of origin and customs procedures.
The course will cover:
- An understanding of the role of HMRC
- An understanding of UK customs procedures
- Explanation of an EORI number/ TSP
- What documents can be used as proof of export from the UK
- Explanation of the SAD / C88
– Key information for both import and export entries
Using a freight forwarder/ customs Broker
- UK Tariff – Product classification – Tariff code/Commodity codes
- Explanation of Customs Procedure Codes (CPC) and what they do
- Explanation of key import and export documentation
- Certificates of Origin
- Commercial Invoices
- Understanding Rules of Origin
- General System Preference
- Understanding GSP Countries and benefits to both parties.
- AEO – What is a Authorised Economic Operator ?
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new and experienced employees including:
- Export / Import clerks
- Shipping department
- Export Sales Administration