This course gives you all the essentials you need to get started with Excel. You will learn how to use spreadsheet layout to best effect; how to enter and change data; tips and shortcuts; arithmetic formulas; functions and printing. If you have numbers to manipulate in your business, this is the course for you.
Recommended for: Anyone who wishes to use or develop spreadsheets for business use.
What do you need to know already? We assume that you have used a computer before and know a bit about:
- Working within the Windows environment
- Electronic filing
- Using a keyboard
- Using a mouse
At the end of the training you will be able to successfully:
- Understand basic features and use of Excel and essential principles of workbook design
- Enter, edit and format data in a simple Excel spreadsheet
- Use autofill to enter data efficiently
- Apply text and numerical formatting to a spreadsheet
- Use the clipboard and keyboard shortcuts to cut, copy and paste data
- Use arithmetic formulas and simple functions to analyse numerical data
- Print worksheets using the documentation and support provided.
Modules covered in this course
What can Excel do?
Before we get you started, we look at what Excel is capable of to give you something to aim for.
- Getting Started – This module includes all the basics you will need to start putting together your own spreadsheets. Fill is a great way to help you enter data quickly. You will see how to create series and patterns in a couple of mouse-clicks.
- Formulas – Excel is a powerful tool for analysing data. This module gets you started on this by showing you how to get Excel to do arithmetic for you.
- Cut, copy and paste – Don’t type the same thing more than once! This module shows you all the ways of copying or moving data from one place to another.
- Formatting – Make your spreadsheets easier to use and read by using a few simple formatting effects.
- Introduction to Functions – Functions are the power-house of Excel. This module shows you how to insert functions and the specifics of the most commonly used functions to sum, average and count your data.
- Printing Worksheets – Save your sticky tape! This module will show you how to print out your spreadsheets clearly and logically with all the information you need
Please bring your own laptop with you and ensure that you have appropriate Microsoft software installed. Thank you
To book your place please email email@example.com or BID@haltonchamber.co.uk If you would like to book over the phone please call us on 0333 358 3573. Thank you.