This course will extend your knowledge of Excel by introducing concepts which will allow you to analyse numerical data more stringently and to automate commonly used procedures.
Recommended for staff who are already using Excel to analyse data and want to be able to extend their knowledge and work more efficiently.
What do you need to know already?
We will assume that you are already quite an experienced user of Excel and are familiar with:
• Creating, editing and formatting spreadsheets which include formulas and a range of functions
• Creating charts
• Linking books and sheets together in various ways.
At the end of the training you will be able to successfully:
• Create, use and save Excel templates
• Use PivotTables to analyse and format data at different levels of detail
• Use macros to automate common tasks
• Handle text in Excel using string functions
• Use data validation to improve accuracy and efficiency
using the documentation and support provided.
Modules covered in this course
Templates – Templates help you increase productivity and standardisation by allowing you to specify all the things that each instance of a given spreadsheet must contain.
Macros – By creating macros which mimic interactive processes you can speed up your handling of repetitive tasks.
String-Handling Features and Functions – This group of functions allows you to examine data values in a variety of detailed and sophisticated ways.
PivotTables – This section introduces pivot tables, an analysis method that allows you to rapidly summarise repetitive data in great detail.
Data Validation – Use Data Validation to ensure that users enter data into specific columns according to given content rules.
We recommend that you bring real-life examples and problems from work with you so that you can go back to work after training having made real progress.
Please bring your own laptop with you, and ensure that you have appropriate Microsoft software installed.