- This event has passed.
Fire Warden/Marshall Training – Full Day Level 2
April 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
– Causes of fires in the workplace
– The fire triangle
– Hazards during and after a fire
– Fire and smoke spread
– Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
• Fire prevention
• Fire detection and raising the alarm
• Means of escape
• Principles of extinguishing fires
• Fire-fighting equipment and systems
Fire safety laws
– Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
– Undertaking a fire safety inspection
– Fire safety risk assessments
– Contents of a fire safety briefing
– Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
• On a day-to-day basis
• During an emergency