Forklift Counterbalance Refresher – 1 Day
December 6 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The candidate must hold a previous certificate for a Counterbalance , that is not more than 10 years old.
Regular refresher training will ensure operators:
- maintain good driving habits
- Learn new skills where appropriate
- Reassess their abilities.
- Refresher training or retesting might also be appropriate where operators have not used trucks for some time
- are occasional users
- appear to have developed unsafe working practices
- have had an accident or near miss
- have changed their working practices or environment.
The overall objective of this formal, predetermined and validated test is to verify the candidate’s ability to meet the minimum recognised basic safety standard. Candidates must pass all elements of the test in order to be successful overall.
The test requires candidates to:
a. Demonstrate understanding of pre use checks, identifying faults and deficiencies and taking the appropriate reporting/remedial action.
b. Undertake a practical test:
• Manoeuvring a laden and unladen lift truck, forward and reverse
• Carrying out a series of stacking and de-stacking exercises within the main aisle
• Manoeuvring twice in each direction, laden, through a chicane
• Culminating in depositing a load and parking the lift truck correctly.
c. Undertake an associated knowledge test, written or oral.