- This event has passed.
Forklift Counterbalance Refresher
March 26 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This is a 1 day course running on 26th March.
During Training the candidate will learn about:
- Operations and the causes of lift-truck accidents the responsibilities of operators to themselves and others, including their duties under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (HSW Act)
- Identifying the basic construction and main components of the lift truck and its principles of operation and load-handling capabilities and capacities.
- Identifying, as appropriate, handling attachments which may be used with the lift truck.
- The purpose of all controls and instruments and how to use them.
- Placing the forks or other handling attachment in predetermined positions using the appropriate controls.• Identifying various forms of load, and state the procedures for their stacking, destacking and separation; assess the weight, and, where relevant, the load centre of a load; and decide if the load with its known weight and load centre is within the truck’s actual capacity (safe working load).
- The factors which affect machine stability, including: turning, especially the speed and sharpness of turn; load security and integrity; rated capacity and rated load centres; centres of gravity; ground conditions; and speed and smoothness of operation.
- Following correct procedures when loading and unloading vehicles.
- Visual checks to ascertain the safety, soundness and rating of structures # designed to receive loads, and place and remove loads on and from those structures at various heights.
- Picking up and place loads, and drive and manoeuvre the machine forward and in reverse, laden and unladen, on inclines, in restricted spaces and on level ground (including rough terrain as applicable), following correct procedures and precautions.