Purpose of the Seminar
This seminar will enhance a team leader/supervisor/manager’s knowledge of team dynamics. It will examine typical roles within a team; the team leader’s function; some of the fundamentals of motivation theory and practice; the importance of personal motivation and techniques for improving it.
Who is this Seminar for?
This seminar is designed for staff in first line management/supervisory roles who wish to develop the strength and effectiveness of their teams.
Benefits to an organisation or individual
Business owners need employees who are able to get the job done because employee performance is critical to the overall success of a company. Effective team leaders can motivate staff to work together to facilitate idea generation and creativity. Having successful teams:
- improves productivity and brings better business results
- boosts employee morale and motivation
- encourages taking healthy risks
- relieves stress
- Organisational employment policies, e.g. relating to time-keeping, absenteeism,
- conduct, level of performance, attitude and behaviour in relation to team member performance at work
- Ways to identify areas of concern or under-performance
- Extent of team leader’s authority to address performance problems within
- organisation’s policies and procedures
- Interpersonal behaviour and its impact
- Simple motivation models at work
- Blending personal objectives with organisational objectives
- Using rewards (behavioural) and positive feedback to optimise
By the end of the Seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Outline the organisations requirements of the team in line with company policy
- Outline the team’s objectives in achieving organisational targets
- Explain how the individual performance of team members affects the overall
- performance of the team
- Identify indicators of underperformance in relation to own team
- Explain the possible causes of underperformance
The course will run from 9am to 4pm.
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org or BID@haltonchamber.co.uk If you would like to book over the phone please call us on 0333 358 3573. Thank you.