- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid Training Level 2
September 11, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This course provides learners with the knowledge to identify suspected mental health conditions as well as covering the effects of drugs and alcohol and the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan.
Poor mental health is now the number one reason for staff absence.
* 1 in 4 people have left a job due to mental health or wellbeing issues.
* Nearly 1 in 2 employees have considered leaving a job due to work-related mental illness
* 2 out of 5 people have taken a day or longer off work due to mental illness
* Only 1 in 5 people know if their employer has a mental health and wellbeing policy
* 4 out of 5 organisations don’t have trained Mental Health First Aiders
This course will cover:
* What is First Aid for Mental Health?
* Identifying mental health conditions
* Providing advice and starting a conversation
* Drugs and alcohol
* First Aid for Mental Health action plan
* First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
The course will run from 9:30am – 4:00pm. Refreshments are provided.