- This event has passed.
Microsoft Word Level 2 Training – Beyond the Basics
September 27, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
This course will expand on basic Word skills and teach you how to create more sophisticated documents and document systems which include designated styles; documents with Headers and Footers; tables, Mail Merge; envelopes and labels.
Anyone who wants to go beyond the first steps in order to produce longer reports or use Word for mail shots, invoicing and many more applications.
What do you need to know already?
- We will assume that you have had some experience using Word and that you are familiar with:
- Entering, editing and printing a simple document
- Formatting fonts, paragraphs, borders, shading, and bulleted and numbered lists
- Using the clipboard
By the end of the training you will be able to successfully:
- Insert, edit, format and sort tables, including the use of formulas and simple databases
- Create letters, envelopes, labels and e-mails using Mail Merge from existing and new data sources
- Create a multi-sectioned document and apply different headers and footers to the sections
- Create, modify and apply templates and styles
- Insert a table of contents using the documentation and support provided.
We recommend that you bring real-life examples and problems from work with you so that you can go back to work after training having made real progress.All courses are accompanied by detailed training notes and exercises.
Modules covered in this course
- Mail Merge
Refreshments and lunch are provided.
This course is free to BID businesses. To book onto this course, please see details below.