Multi Directional Truck Refresher – 1 day
September 30 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Multi Directional Truck is designed to be able to handle long-loads safely. By using patented, leading edge technology, multi directional trucks are equipped with a unique 4-way steering system that allows the units to travel sideways with long loads. The truck eliminates the unnecessary multiple handling of goods by being able to manoeuvre quite easily through doorways that are often narrower than the load it carries.
MULTI DIRECTIONAL REFRESHER COURSE:
Multi Directional Refresher
The candidate must hold a previous certificate for a Multi Directional , that is not more than 10 years old.
Regular refresher training will ensure operators:
- Maintain good driving habits
- Learn new skills where appropriate
- Reassess their abilities.
- Refresher training or retesting might also be appropriate where operators have not used trucks for some time
- Are occasional users
- Appear to have developed unsafe working practices
- Have had an accident or near miss
- Have changed their working practices or environment.
The overall objective of this formal, predetermined and validated test is to verify the candidate’s ability to meet the minimum recognised basic safety standard. Candidates must pass all elements of the test in order to be successful overall.
The test requires candidates to:
- Demonstrate understanding of pre use checks, identifying faults and deficiencies and taking the appropriate reporting/remedial action.
- Undertake a practical test:
- Manoeuvring a laden and unladen lift truck, forward and reverse
- Carrying out a series of stacking and de-stacking exercises within the main aisle
- Manoeuvring twice in each direction, laden, through a chicane
- Culminating in depositing a load and parking the lift truck correctly.
3. Undertake an associated knowledge test, written or oral.