- This event has passed.
Personal Safety Awareness training- 1/2 Day
October 26, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
The 3.5 hour session is run by the trainer who is a well experienced, former member of Emergency Services.
During the course the attendees will learn:
How to respond to situations
- Understanding the reasons for and build up to being attacked or grabbed.
- How to read and gain an understanding of the situation to avoid any risks.
- How do we inadvertently put ourselves at risk? How to understand our own psychology.
- Using techniques to de-escalate conflict.
- Using techniques of how to maintain composure.
Ethical and Legal Framework
- What are the rights and responsibilities when using force?
- What are the possible outcomes of being injured?
- Our body – which parts are most vulnerable to physical attack?
Positioning and Managing Space
- What are the warning signs that might lead to a physical incident?
- Managing space and positioning to avoid the need to disengage from a strike or grab.
Breakaway Techniques – By its nature, this element of the course is physical – learners with any concerns in relation to their ability to take part should consult a medical professional before attending.
- Learning of breakaway techniques from attacks and putting them into practice. This includes biting, wrist grab, front and rear strangle, arm grab, front and rear clothing grab as well as front and rear hair pull.
- Learn the techniques to safely disengage another person from being held.
Reporting of Incidents
- Aftermath of an incident
- Understanding the importance of accurate and appropriate reporting of incidents.