PowerPoint Advanced – Adding the Finishing Touches – 1 Day – face to face
February 3, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
ADDING THE FINISHING TOUCHES
Duration 1 day
This course will extend your knowledge and skills in PowerPoint and enable you to
create and deliver more complex presentations and to design to a
company/organisation style or standard.
Staff with experience of producing presentations who want to produce customised
What do you need to know already?
We will assume that you have used PowerPoint before, perhaps quite extensively
and that you are familiar with:
• Creating and printing presentations using text, bulleted lists, pictures and
• Applying existing design templates
• Creating speaker notes to accompany slides
• Adding transition effects and animation schemes to a presentation
At the end of the training you will be able to successfully:
• Add advanced graphical features such as WordArt, Charts, Organisation charts
and other diagrams and video and sound clips.
• Integrate PowerPoint with other applications in a number of ways including
Object Linking and Embedding (OLE); Exporting and Hyperlinking
• Add Custom Animation effects to enhance slides including the use of timings,
annotations and triggers
• Create and apply a range of custom design features including a company
• Apply advanced presentation techniques including re-ordering slides; creating
custom shows; manual branching and action buttons using the documentation and support provided.
Modules covered in this course
Advanced Graphics – Moving on from the basics, we look here at working with tables, charts, SmartArt, Audio and Video and Screen recording.
Interfacing with Other Applications – PowerPoint allows you to interface directly with other applications within the Microsoft Office suite. Here we examine the differences between object linking and embedding and focus on how to do this using Word and Excel. We look at different file types and at Sharing and examine all the options included in hyperlinking.
Design Standards – In this module we look at a variety of ways of standardizing presentations to improve the graphical profile of your company or organisation. In particular, we look at Headers, Footers and Slide Masters.
Custom Animations – We looked at basic transition and animation in the Introductory course. Now it’s time to learn how to customise these features with advanced effects and options including timing and triggers.
Advanced Presentation Techniques – This module rounds up a selection of hints and tips to help you make your presentation go well under a
variety of situations.
We recommend that you bring real-life examples and problems from work with you
so that you can go back to work after training having made real progress.
PLEASE BRING IN YOUR OWN LAPTOP with an APPROPRIATE MICROSOFT SOFTWARE on it!