Understanding Commodity Codes Classification and Origin – virtual session
November 25 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Understanding Commodity Codes Classification and Origin
If your business is involved in importing or exporting products, you’ll need to know about commodity codes. They are used to classify goods for import and export and to make sure they’re moved safely and in compliance with customs, tax and duty regulations.
The course will cover the importance of using the correct Tariff/Commodity code and commercial implications this may have. It is imperative that businesses have a good understanding of them to support successful and efficient global trade.
- Explanation and importance of the Tariff
- How a Tariff/Commodity code is made up
- Determining the correct code for your products
- General Rules of Interpretation
- The export process and customs information requirements
- Shipments to the EU
- Ongoing management of tariff codes
- BREXIT Impact & published Brexit tariffs
- Requirements with additional regulations
- Checking overseas tariffs for import compliance and competitiveness
- Sources of information