- This event has passed.
Understanding Importing – virtual session
November 11, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
International markets offer huge opportunities for UK businesses. Finding and developing new markets for products is a hugely valuable avenue for expansion and in some sectors in particular, global demand for British brands and products makes international trade an excellent means of growth. Selling internationally is very complex but – as with most things – easy with help and appropriate training. The Introduction to Importing Training course covers all the basic key areas around importing. The course will explain the requirements for documentation, plus an overview of country of origin and incoterms.
The course will cover:
- Importing Basics
- What is an import?
- The Import process
- The Supplier Process
- Product Considerations
- Selecting Suppliers / process
- Role of HMRC/ Customs
- Freight Forwarder
- Understanding the importance of Incoterms.
- Import Entry
- SAD forms
- Understanding Payment of Taxes
- New CDS customs/ Chief
- Customs Compliance
- Importers responsibilities
- Customs valuation
- Understanding the importance of correct CPC procedure codes
- Commodity codes
- UK tariffs
- Paperwork required when importing
- Trade agreements
- Preference documents
- Inward processing
Who should attend?
This course is for anyone working in an import department or those new to Importing.
- Anyone working in an import company
- A refresher for more experienced importers