Word 1 Day Intermediate – Beyond the Basics – face to face
December 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
BEYOND THE BASICS
Duration 1 day
This course will expand on basic Word skills and teach you how to create more
sophisticated documents and document systems which include designated styles;
documents with Headers and Footers; tables, Mail Merge; envelopes and labels.
Anyone who wants to go beyond the first steps in order to produce longer reports or
use Word for mail shots, invoicing and many more applications.
What do you need to know already?
We will assume that you have had some experience using Word and that you are
• Entering, editing and printing a simple document
• Formatting fonts, paragraphs, borders, shading, and bulleted and numbered
• Using the clipboard.
By the end of the training you will be able to successfully:
• Insert, edit, format and sort tables, including the use of formulas and simple
• Create letters, envelopes, labels and e-mails using Mail Merge from existing
and new data sources
• Create a multi-sectioned document and apply different headers and footers to
• Create, modify and apply templates and styles
• Insert a table of contents
using the documentation and support provided.
Modules covered in this course
• Mail Merge
We recommend that you bring real-life examples and problems from work with you
so that you can go back to work after training having made real progress.
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP with an APPROPRIATE MICROSOFT SOFTWARE on it!