Safe and Secure
Secure business premises
Safe and secure has always been a key theme. As part of the BID we:
- Work closely with local PCSOs and Cheshire Police
- Work with landlords, installed security gates and security fencing to seal off vulnerable areas and prevent unauthorised vehicular access at night.
- Improve visibility through the removal/thinning of hedges and shrubs, to help open up some of the more secluded areas of the estate and tackle the areas where the landscape is a cause for concern.
- Provide crime prevention signage to ensure that security measures are highly visible across both Estates.
- Provide general security measures across the estate and to all businesses; regular and fully documented mobile security patrols throughout the night, a 24/7 alarm response service; alarm diallers that ring through directly to the security company; key holding service.
- Continued investment in the automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system. Every vehicle entering and leaving the estate is accurately monitored 24/7 and all registration numbers or partial numbers can be identified together with timings and recurrence of visits.
Installation of security lights on individual business units complete with either PIR sensors or dusk ‘til dawn motion sensors, subject to an asbestos and wiring survey.
SeletcaDNA forensic marking kits
‘SelectaMark DNA’ forensic property marking kits are freely available to BID Businesses to protect IT equipment, portable machinery and other high value small items.
Warning signage and window stickers are also available and these alone are a proven deterrent to thieves.
Winter Sale Store
Both Estates have a sale store on site providing free salt during inclement weather. The BID will provide a free salt bin and shovel to any business requesting one.
Every year 30,000 people suffer a cardiac arrest outside hospital. Prompt use of
an AED (within 3–5 minutes of collapse) combined with chest compressions can
lead to survival rates of 50 to 75 per cent.
The BID has installed a number of defibrillators for the shared use of businesses across both estates. Free training is provided together with signage for host businesses.
Astmoor Defibrillator Location Map
Keep in touch
Would you like to receive our newsletter? We include news about both BID districts as well as items of general interest to Halton businesses.
Our newsletter is emailed out every month, you can unsubscribe at any time.
We are always interested in hearing of local news from our BID members to include in the newsletter.